And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God. ~Ephesians 3:17b-19

Sunday, August 23, 2009

Preschool Planning

Due to concerns with our upcoming move and finances I have decided to try my hand at home-schooling Rosen's preschool this year. I had enrolled her at a preschool at a local church here but I decided it would be best not to get her excited about going and then have to pull her out of it when we move to the west side. I'm afraid it will be hard enough moving to a new town without having to leave behind a new school full of new found friends. Plus, I have been praying about homeschooling our children (or at least trying it out) and had planned on starting with Kindergarten. As usuall, God had different plans for us and so I set out to find an affordable Christian curriculum that would be Bible based, comprehensive in covering the differnt subjects from a Biblical worldview, with a moderate amount of prep work for me. Well, as usual, God provided us with a curriculum that I am very excited about at a very reasonable price (I went to the Home School Book Store on the north side - they were sooo helpful). I actually think I am more excited about it than she is (she doesn't quite know what to expect). Please pray that God will give me the wisdom and knowledge to teach her in a way that she understands and enjoys. We will be starting up our "school" on Labor Day. :)

1 comment:

Gienie said...

We homeschool...Its the BEST! Good for you Melissa.. and let me know if you need help with anything.

We have a preschooler this year too.. its a fun year.. you're gonna love EVERY minute of it.. (when you think back on it in 20 years HAHA).. just say'en